Monday, July 11, 2011

Kinda like spider-man...

...but with less web swinging, and more guitar!
Here's the sketch for our sculpture.


And here's the poem that inspired the sketch...
by Rebecca Q Yankes

SPIDER

With eight legs and eight eyeballs,

Some folks think I’m a freak.

When I show up in houses,

I make them want to shriek!


But they don’t know my true self.

I’m so misunderstood!

If only I could speak to them,

They’d know I’m really good!


I eat all the mosquitoes,

I even catch the fleas,

I am your household’s pest control!

It’s just my expertise!


According to the legends,

I’ve had all sorts of roles:

I’m weaver, trickster, creator,

I’m even seen on scrolls!


The Africans revere me!

The Muslims think I’m sweet!

The Cretans put me on their shields

‘Cuz I made them complete!


So when you see me visiting,

Please don’t scream or cry.

I’m not as frightening as you think.

I’m really a nice guy!


No comments:

Post a Comment